Education system in India is worse than foreign countries including US, countries of UK and Gulf countries. This is the known fact. We all know it; but why? Why foreign education system is better than Indian education system? Today I will list out few differences between Indian Education System and Foreign Education System. Have a look.
• Indian education focuses more on theory rather than practical. Indian education system doesn’t allow creativity.
Whereas in foreign countries; they focus more on practical based learning. And they allow creativity in education.
• In India; education is a formality, part of routine; every Indian must get a degree of Engineering or Medical stream;  whether you learn something or not. In foreign countries; education is taken as a learning process.
• Foreign education curriculum contains everything taking from arts to sports along with studies. US has arts, sports  music and theatre in syllabus. Australia focuses more on sports; they have cricket, hockey and boxing in their  college curriculum. Where as Indian education system only emphasize on studies. There is no room for extra  curricular in our education system.
• In Dubai; primary and secondary education is free and it is made compulsory in law. Where as in India education is  becoming business. Taking from privatization of education to tuitions and coaching institute; education is   generating good money. So business minds are now moving towards education.
• In India students are not given choice to select their field of interest. One must become an engineer or a doctor!  Sports and arts are considered to be made for leftovers. If you don’t get admission in science of commerce stream;  you choose arts. This is what Indians feel.
• In India; students are admitted into streams which have higher pay scale or higher number of jobs. And in foreign  country; students are admitted according to their field of interest.
• In India; students take admission seeing the trends. So if in a particular year, majority of students are rushing  towards Mechanical Engineering, you’re bound to take admission in Mechanical Engineering. Students are not  given choice to select their field of stream. In short in India; we go with the flow. Where as in foreign countries,  students wait until they get admission into their field of interest.
• In India, students are required to memorize facts and figures. Thousands of equations of mathematics, birth dates  and death dates of freedom fighters, chemical reactions and hundreds of other things. We emphasize on theory.  And in foreign country they impact knowledge in students through practical implementation.
• Indian education system teaches old technologies. Education system hasn’t changed much after independence.  Indian education system is very bad in adopting latest technologies in curriculum. In foreign countries; curriculum  changes everyday according to upgradation of technology and requirements of the industry.
• And lastly we believe in grades and certificates. We believe in taking admission in IITs and IIMs. Foreign countries  believe in skills. They don’t care about the institution of education more, all they see is what you learnt during your  schooling.
There are lot of reasons why foreign education system is better than Indian. I was able to list 10 out of them here. We seriously need change in education system! And not only in education system; we need change in the mentality of Indians (so called society) as well. Together we all will have to work hard to bring change in education system! How can we change it? I will share ideas in my next article.
|Students||Creativity||Mostly Indian nationals|
|Value of work experience||Practical||Academic results most important|
|Salary||New ideas and challenges at every step||Low starting salaries|
In short we can summarize that:
1. Foreign Education leads to internationally recognized qualifications, meaning students can look forward to good career prospects when they return home.
2. It offers a wealth of educational possibilities, so that students can choose a course to meet their career and learning needs.
3. Foreign Education offers a more personalized and independent approach to help students develop intellectual skills needed for the global market.
4. Foreign Education broadens the view and develops skills for the global economy